Karl McCartney is the Conservative MP for Lincoln. His web site can be found at www.karlmccartney.co.uk
Karl started his full time working life in London in 1992 where he worked in various roles including in the City of London. Karl completed his second degree, an MBA, at Kingston University Business School in 1999 and now specialises as a Consultant for a number of clients and agencies. Karl has been a Councillor, a school governor since 1995 and a magistrate since 1999.
His interests outside of politics centre mainly around various sports having played football to a high standard in his younger days, including captaining the Welsh Universities XI 1990-91. More recently he has organised charity rugby tournaments where he professes to be one of the largest (and slowest) fly-halfs in the country, as well as playing cricket, croquet and golf when he has the time.
Karl is involved in a number of Lincoln based organisations, charities and voluntary sector groups and is a Board Member of the Witham Internal Drainage Board, which concerns itself with the disposal of rain water in and around the City of Lincoln, and Karl experienced the water damage first hand.
Karl, working with Conservative Councillors on the City Council and County Council, has pledged to continue to Put Lincoln First and ensure he listens to the people of Lincoln. Karl continues to campaign across the whole constituency to ensure he is approachable at all times.
The issues they have pledged to fight on include:
- Halting the closure of Post Offices
- Crime – and the lack of a police presence to counter unsociable behaviour, burglaries etc.
- Education and sports provision in the City
- Transport improvements, including resolving the problems caused by the High Street level crossing and supporting the Lincoln Eastern Bypass
- Ensuring businesses are allowed to flourish rather than be stifled by further taxes and bureaucracy
- Pensions – both the standard of living of today’s pensioners and the future need to provide people with a decent pension allowance in the future
- Ensuring Lincoln grows and expands in the right way with managed improvements for the current residents and businesses, with an emphasis on providing opportunities for young people.